Lucky

To be honest, I'm not really sure what I want to blog about. It's been quite a while, and my head's swimming with a lot of things that shouldn't be there in the first place. This is when I wish I was high, so I could justify yet another one of my mental riots.

I guess I'm just gonna start with the scariest thing that's happened today. I was attacked by a huge grasshopper, about 3/4 the size of my index finger. Before you start laughing, let me tell you where the green, hopping bastard attacked me—in my bathroom, a confined space where I basically have nowhere to go and where I would've died of a heart attack if I hadn't figured out a way to kill the little monster. I've always hated insects, my most despised topic in our Invertebrate Zoology course back in college. Most of them may be harmless and all, but they're hairy, creepy, and they have a nasty habit of hopping/flying to your face when you're minding your own frickin' business.

I'm gonna stop right now because just thinking about the grasshopper incident makes me wanna run to my mommy and beg her to let me sleep beside her tonight.

Like I said, it's been quite a while and a lot has happened. For starters, we just moved in our new bungalow here in Paranaque, leaving behind all the good and bad (mostly bad and painful) memories of our old Taguig "mansion". It was a little tough walking away from all the fruits of my late dad's labor, but it was a necessary sacrifice and it was worth it. Honestly, I like it here—quiet and sometimes beautifully deserted. For someone like me who spends more than half of her day in a sea of strangers, a big, peaceful, almost people-less home is a breath of fresh air. Also, I finally have a room to myself where I could be weird and messy and no sister/roommate would be like, "What the eff are you doing, man?" I just love it.

On the occupation front, I can never be more blessed than ever. I already finished my portfolio for my Trainer's Methodology 1 training, and now I'm a few steps away from becoming a licensed Medical Transcription trainer and assessor. I also found out a few days ago that I passed the CPC licensure exam, and I'm now a Certified Professional Coder. Like that's not enough, I've also been kicking ass in my MLS training at a very well known healthcare documentation company. In short, I have a job and a lot of titles. Now I just have to figure out how to turn them into cash so I could take my family to a nice, out-of-the-country vacation, pay the bills, maybe get my own car or put up a little business. My mom would love that and my dad would be like, "That's my girl."

Everything is just kicking balls right now. Of course there are still little hiccups along the way, but that's life. The trick is to count your blessings. Somewhere out there, someone is drawing his/her last breath. We should be so lucky.

I still have something to figure out, so I'm gonna go.

Peace out, homies.

Comments

Popular Posts