Project Metanoia

The plastic monoblock chair that I'm sitting on right now is starting to give me nightmarish lower back pain. I blame myself for it because if only I didn't blow money over stupid stuff like alcohol and one-night happiness, I would have a comfortable ergonomic swivel chair by now. I'm also starting to get a little bit pissed because my study table/workstation is in a total state of anarchy, my dog is humping her pillow and making a really disturbing dog noise, and an old flame is trying to rekindle a long forgotten "romance" by being cute and asking me out. For the record, I told the dude to get lost. He had his chance and blew it out of proportion in a hundred different ways. Time to move on.

Lately, I've been pressuring myself to do stuff. It's already 2014 and I'm already all sorts of too-old-to-be-acting-like-a-little-girl. And so to kick off the Year of the Wooden Horse, I decided to finally look for a job that I've been preparing for since the second quarter of last year. Long story short, I got in.

I was supposed to start training last Monday but due to rescheduling, my starting date was moved to a later date. Once again, I'm left with nothing to do but wait.

I have a lot of time in my hands before I enter the workforce again so I've been using that to do stuff that gives my life meaning. For example, these works of art that the good people of YouTube taught me to do.


You can check out these tutorials if you ever find yourself unbelievably bored: (1) Origami Tulip, (2) Origami Kusudama Flower, and (3) Origami Sakura. (Note: The last video is in Spanish but it really doesn't matter since you're after the paper folding process.)

Most people would call this "a waste of time" but I personally consider it to be a very inexpensive mental vacation. I have profound respect for all kinds of art simply because it allows me to experience the joy of beholding something created by my own hands.

Aside from the ancient art of origami, I've also been pressuring myself to start and finish my own book. I haven't really made up my mind yet about the contents or whether it's going to be in English or in Filipino. I've also been digging around the web for blog posts or articles that would help me start. Most of the stuff I found gave good book-writing tips but I'm still a little unsure. But I'm definitely going to start soon. I want the shelves to contain something with my name on it before I turn 25. So help me God.

Last year, I was able to finish my trainer and assessor training and submit my portfolio to TESDA. One of my classmates back in training told me that it really takes a long time for TESDA to schedule an assessment so I might want to find something to do (which I obviously did). I have to practice my assessment demo every now and then though because I tend to be forgetful. I still haven't prepared all the stuff I'm going to need so that's another item on my to-do list. Geez, I really have to start listing stuff down from now on.

So yeah. So far, so good. In a few days, my life would start changing for the better. I believe this year's going to be great. My scars from 2013 will always remind me that I'm stronger than what tried to hurt me and I will be for the foreseeable future.

Project Metanoia has commenced.

Comments

Popular Posts