Hastily Generalizing

I'm not sure whether this is me giving up or just having an asymptomatic partial seizure, but I'm just gonna go ahead and say it—I'm at the point where I can't imagine myself being in a relationship, being married to a nice guy, being a cool mom to a bunch of cute kids, and growing old with the one I love in a beach house away from the buzz of civilization. I mean, that's what every girl wants, right? To be in their very own version of a happily ever after. Whether or not there is something wrong with me, I can totally say without remorse that I can't care less. At the back of my mind, I'm convinced that there's something malfunctioning inside me right now, but when I come to really think of it, I meant what I just said. Sorry, Mom.

In times like these, I always tell myself that this is gonna pass like a bad stomachache. Looking back, I realized that I've been thinking about this for the past few months. Yes, I just got off a very wrong, ill-started, ended-in-brutal-silence "almost relationship" and maybe that's what's causing all this turmoil right now. To be honest, I can't be sure. Maybe I'm just giving up on the idea that there is actually someone out there who has gall linings thick enough to stand me. Because I can be awful, so awful I sometimes scare the shit out of me.

My friends always tell me that I'm one of the best people they know. I'm smart, funny, thoughtful, fun to be with, and trustworthy. But let's face it, guys don't fall in love with personality at first sight. One of my guy friends was brave (or drunk) enough to tell me that one time. "Guys are boobs before brains," he said, and I'd like to think that he's telling the truth considering the amount of "truth serum" (in layman's terms, alcohol) coursing through his veins. And it makes a lot of sense. I mean, what guy asks out a girl because she aced all her exams or because she saved a cat from being run over by a car? As much as we girls hate to admit it, guys first rely on what they see and if they like it, they're gonna go have a taste. We're like food; bad presentation can kill our chances of getting eaten (very, very crude double entendre right there).

Maybe I'm just hastily generalizing or I'm just so worked up the past week that my brain is actually having an aneurysm party. At this point, I really don't care. I'm not even sure if this is supposed to be a wake up call to all the guys out there who are busy finding a place to put their "little boy" somewhere. I guess what I just want to say is that what we girls want is a guy who is gonna prove to us that not all of them are the same.

That's enough said.

Comments

Popular Posts