Priceless

Let me begin this blog by telling a story of how I got into Days With The Lord Batch 80.

As I've said in my previous blogs, I joined FrontRow, a multi-level marketing business run by two of the country's most respected men in advertising. It's a turning point in my life. I was faced with the hope of pulling our family out of financial misery. I believed it and I actually worked my ass off during my first three weeks. I was able to sell one package and with that, I craved for more. I asked one of my friends if she wanted to try it and so she said yes. I took her to our office in Tomas Morato and true enough, she loved the business and she said she wanted to join. Days passed. I was itching to ask her every five minutes when she'll be finally paying in but for the sake of professionalism, I kept my cool. More days passed and I felt like I was being played by my friend. It was then that I finally summoned the courage to ask her. She said she really wanted to join but she will not join until I join Days With The Lord. It was only then that I remembered that she's a Dazer (a term/name used to refer to people who have experienced DWTL). I wanted to die after she said that to my face. I've expressed my refusal to join Days a thousand times already but they won't give up badgering me about it. To cut the long story short, I joined Days and hoped that my friend will be true to her word.

I'm not gonna lie. Joining Days With The Lord screwed up all my plans for my birthday week. I was supposed to celebrate my birthday with my friends and family on the 11th but because I said I was going to attend the retreat, I had to cancel. I was supposed to meet my invite and take her to our office in the afternoon of the 11th but because I said I was going to attend the retreat, I had to ask my friend to meet her up and take her to the office. I was supposed to be happy and crazy from the 9th until the 12th but because I said I was going to attend the retreat, I had to be miserable.

I find everything funny now. Okay. I was wrong. Everyone can tell me now that they told me so. DWTL is the highlight of my 21st year on earth. It was awesome. Why was it awesome? COME AND SEE.

Everything was actually falling into place before I even got my ass into the retreat house. I was actually able to celebrate my birthday on the day itself with my friends and family. I knew it was a sign but because I was too busy hating my friend for blackmailing me, I brushed the thought aside. Then everything started to get crazily organized after I got out of the retreat house. I found out that my invite wasn't able to come because her baby was sick and she wanted to reschedule. Our class Christmas Party was moved to an earlier date and that means I can celebrate Paskuhan with my friend who wanted to go to my other friend's bar so bad. Everything I planned before I went to DWTL became ridiculously possible after I got out. My friend up there must be rolling on the floor right now laughing at my facial expression while saying, "I had to do that because you won't believe it's possible if I didn't."

Lessons learned? Well, the space right here won't ever be enough. I learned a lot from that weekend and what's even more funny is that I actually saw the meaning behind the bizarreness. As Col. Smith said, "No matter how random things might appear, there's still a plan." Me attending that retreat was His plan and I realized that it's not just His plans that He's taking into consideration. As much as He wants to be happy for us, He also wants us to be happy for ourselves. Maybe that's the reason why He puts the pieces together in a way that would confuse us so that in the end, we'll realize that His plans are for our happiness and nothing else.

I'm glad I got my ass into that retreat house for three days. Priceless.

And I just wanna say I've already forgiven my friend for blackmailing me.

Comments

Popular Posts