Mini Panic Attack

It's just noon of May 12th and I know this isn't yet the perfect time for me to panic.

But I guess I already am panicking like hell.

Yesterday, my sister's friends came over to buy my mom's famous halo-halo. They stayed for a while and chatted with us. The conversation started with funny little nonsense stuff and progressed to the serious stuff. That serious stuff is the reality outside school. Okay. I was being dramatic. To cut the long story short, we talked about job hunting which is what I was doing the day before. And then, all the stories came pouring out.

Turns out, my sister's friends have experience with job hunting and job interviews and they are a lot more than pleased to share the inside information with me. Thank God I have good memory when it comes to survival guides.

One of my sister's friends told me that HR people otherwise known as the people who sift through the job hunters normally ask questions that are not related to the position you are applying for. Sample questions include the following.

  1. How did you get to our office?
  2. How can you convince us to buy a purple Pilot pen?
  3. What can you say about priests getting married?
  4. Tell me something about yourself that is not written in your resume.
  5. Why are cookies circular?
  6. Is it okay if you instantly get the job but first you'd have to let us chop off your right hand?
  7. Are you in favor of same sex marriage?

That was sure enough to send me into a panic attack. Obviously, when applying for a call center job, people are not interested with what you have finished in college or your kickass qualifications. They care more about how you explain yourself. Well, I really don't have a problem explaining myself but I'm really not sure if I could explain coherently in front of people wearing ties and eying me with too much intensity. Who the hell wouldn't get nervous in that setting?

Anyway, that's basically what my sister's friends and I talked about yesterday including the job interview anecdotes they shared with me.

And I just want to say that God did it again. He sent me valuable battle information before the day that I'd throw myself into the field. Thank you, Kuya.

I'm still panicking though.

I'm going to practice answering those questions in front of the mirror before I go to bed tonight.

Tomorrow is the big day - THE FIRST EVER JOB INTERVIEW OF MY LIFE.

In all things, may God be glorified.

Comments

Popular Posts