The Happy, Sunshiny Package

Day 178.

Am I the only one who gets a mini panic attack right after realizing that she's completely happy and she can't ask for more? It may sound initially crazy but I can't help it. Being a big fan of Chinese philosophy, I'm all about balance and the endless, coordinated dance between good and evil. When something good happens, it just makes sense that something bad should follow. Those two opposite forces should cancel out each other to maintain balance. That's the way it is, right? Oh whatever! I'm over-analyzing as usual!

Let me just say for the record that I'm feeling happy and fulfilled during the past few days. I've already started out in my training as Customer Service Associate for a very well-known BPO company in Makati. So far, I'm enjoying the sessions and I love being with my wave mates. Everything is so brand new and exciting. There are a lot of things to look forward to and everyday is different from yesterday. As always, my mom was right. If I stuck to my now seemingly ridiculous idea of working at home, I would never have met those people and made new friends. I would never have known how awesome and badass it feels to go to and from work on my own in public utility vehicles. I would never have known how to finally grow up and be an independent young lady. Even if I hate it sometimes that I couldn't prove my own mother wrong, I'm still thankful for all her nagging although some of them are very unnecessary to me at times.

On the other hand, my former students won't stop badgering me to come back to school to teach them stuff. Some of them even broke our front door down yesterday just to see me. Of course I'm kidding. They paid me a visit yesterday which really surprised me. They kept shouting, "WE MISS YOU, TEACHER PAM!" while coming up our staircase, waking up everyone that's peacefully sleeping in every corner of our house including household bacteria. It took all my might to hold back the tears. Even if those unruly and noisy kids are one of the reasons why I nearly developed a heart condition last year, I have to say I did miss them. I just came home from work when they arrived but it surprised me how their stories seemed like a little vacation for me. I just sat there and listened to them talk about how school sucks as usual. It was like listening to my high school self whining about how some of my teachers and classmates make my life a living hell. I laughed my face off for almost two solid hours and after that, they finally decided to go home. Well, it didn't really end there because right after that, I found myself talking to them through Facebook. I've missed a lot of people in my life but I'd say not this much. Those kids really won their rightful place somewhere in the four chambers of my heart. And I'm glad they did.

Anyway, I've also been talking to my other former students through Facebook. Turns out they're not happy with some of their new teachers. They even asked for some of my time to tutor them about their lessons and also to catch up. I just can't help smiling to myself when I tell them to trust their teachers and listen to them and they say, "EH IKAW ANG GUSTO NAMEN!" Maybe one of my best friends was right. I have a positive effect on people that I'm completely unaware of. Whatever it is, I have to say it's turning me into some kind of a woman-for-all-mankind kind of person. Is this my life's mission? I really have no idea but I sure as hell am happy to be the source of knowledge in a happy, sunshiny package. In fact, I'm going to spend my upcoming weekend bonding with and tutoring my former students. I'm really excited to see them again.

Well, I guess I have to go now and get plenty of rest. I can't afford to be sleepy and inattentive in my shift tomorrow.

Godspeed y'all!

Comments

Popular Posts