My Brilliant Suggestion

Day 99.

I woke up around lunch time today considering I fell asleep around 4 AM because I was being paranoid about the warlike noises I was hearing last night. I actually thought North Korea just gave up the whole missile launch thing and decided to just send the whole world in chaos instead starting with my dear motherland, the Philippines. Turns out, all the noise I heard last night were just fireworks which is downright weird and ridiculous. Fireworks at 3 AM? I don't get it.

Anyway, I still woke up after all of it so I guess World War III is postponed until further notice.

One of my dearest college friends sent me a text message earlier saying that she's reading my ongoing story. I smiled to myself and attempted to reply but realizing that I've depleted all my credits yesterday, I just proceeded to reading the other unread text message. It was a group message sent by a co-worker with a salutation "Happy Easter" and then goes on telling that the essential people for the clearance will be out starting the 10th so if we ever want to get paid for all our hardships and sacrifices, we should show up at work tomorrow with complete requirements. And guess what - TOMORROW IS A GODDAMN NATIONAL HOLIDAY. I laughed sardonically after reading the text message and threw my phone like it was the culprit for all my misery. Poor Nokia 5130c-2.

Yeah. I'm being immature about this all over again and at this point, I'm giving you, my dear reader, the liberty of closing this tab and moving on to checking out funny memes at 9GAG which is a lot worth your precious time.

I get that the nature of my job is service-oriented so I shouldn't expect functional systems for payroll and things like that. As a teacher, I should always have the mindset that everything I do is for the good of the students and not my own. I shouldn't take money as my motivation for work because teachers never work for money. They work for the betterment of the society. They should be committed to molding children into citizens that will be this country's catalysts of change and most of all, they should always be a man for others no matter what.

If that's the case, I have a brilliant suggestion. I say that the government should start acquiring funds to build a big research lab that would manufacture surrogate teachers, the ones that look and work perfectly as humans but don't have emotions, needs, families and friends. For sure these surrogate teachers won't have a problem with indefinitely delayed salary, ridiculously demanding tasks and insufferable bosses because even if they look human, they're actually not. If they coin the teaching profession to be a job for selfless people who never get tired and who are never in need of money, then it's a profession for robots.

I guess I'm just speaking from one point of view here based on my firsthand experience. It may not be true for other teachers but as I've said, this is my zone of absolute freedom of speech so if you can't take it, don't read it.

This isn't a wake up call of any kind. This is just me trying to unclog my brain of unnecessary negatives.

That's all.

Comments

Popular Posts