A Night to Cherish, A Night to Remember

Day 56.

OPENING REMARKS 
To our president, Mr. Pablito P. Losbanes, to our dear school head and directress, Dr. Helen S. Losbanes, our assistant principal and academic supervisor, Sir Errol G. Sumagaysay, to our guest of honor, our dear mayor Honorable Ma. Laarni L. Cayetano, my fellow teachers, students and friends, a pleasant evening to you all.
When I was asked by Teacher Grace to deliver the opening remarks for this very special occasion, I laughed silently to myself. I just found it very ironic that after triumphantly absenting myself from my own junior promenade six years ago, here I am standing in front of all of you as a teacher attending the promenade of my dear junior students.
Despite my mother’s disappointment at my indifference for important social gatherings in a young lady’s life, I stood firmly on my decision to miss prom. Now looking back, I can say that I missed half of my life.
But God really has a funny way of making detours in our lives that would force us to take our roads not taken. Even if now I regret missing my chance at a wonderful night to remember in my youth, I’m still thankful that somehow, God made a way for me to get a second chance.
You might see this event as just a chance for you to show off, my dear juniors and seniors. A night for you to feel beautiful and dance with someone you’ve always admired. A moment for you to shine above the rest and a page in your life that you would open to your children and grandchildren someday. Or maybe just a plain chance of getting out of the classroom to party with your friends. But this is more than that.
This is your first shot at educating yourself about the art of socialization. In other words, this is your coming out party as young ladies and gentlemen who are ready to make a difference once you leave the portals of your dear Alma Mater. I’m glad that most of you decided to grab this opportunity to attend one of the most magical moments in a teenager’s life. May all of you cherish this night forever.
And with this, I welcome all of you to this year’s Juniors and Seniors Promenade entitled “A Night to Cherish, A Night to Remember”.
Thank you and have an amazing evening.


You're not imagining what you just read. That was my opening remarks for the prom I attended last night.

I can't really say much about it. Aside from the fact that I felt like a sore loser for missing my own prom, I also felt like a proud mother of my students. Watching them grace the dance floor last night in their best gowns and suits is like watching an awesome old movie that I intentionally missed during my chance. I'm just glad that somehow, I had a second shot at a night that I would remember for the rest of my life.

I'm not really in the mood to tell a long story today so I'll end this right here.

Congratulations to all the students who attended the JS Promenade last night.

This is to the beginning of a new chapter in your lives!

Cheers!

Comments

Popular Posts