Working Sabbath Day

Day 36.

If God ordered people working on Sundays dead, I'd be in a coffin by now.

Last night before I drifted off, I thought about the plot of the fourth chapter of my second story. It was pretty awesome except I just thought of it and didn't write it down - a downright stupid move for a writer. When I woke up, no surge of literary brilliance greeted me. Just the unbelievable desire to get my textbooks and plan for my lessons tomorrow.

Honestly, how I can't seem to get enough of working right now scares the hell out of me. For one whole day, I was so work-absorbed that if it weren't for my sister, I would've forgotten to eat my lunch and take a shower. It's totally crazy especially when I remember that I hate my job.

Well, I guess it runs in the family. My dad used to be a workaholic but he's the balanced workaholic type. Even if he's busy making the world beg for his intelligence, he never forgets to give time to the things that really matter. It's the same with my mom. What freaks me out is that I can't seem to balance my "career" with my social life. For the past few weeks, I had no social life. I never went out for a drink or walked inside a mall. Aside from the sorry fact that I'm broke, I just can't have fun times simply because my job takes all of my time even those reserved for sleeping and breathing. Yeah. It sucks.

On the bright side, my contract is about to end so I guess I'll just have to wait for that sweet moment.

Anyway, I gotta go and infuriate God more by working on a day He declared to be Sabbath.

My soul is now officially burning in hell.

Comments

Popular Posts